About DF Engineering, Inc.
We welcome challenges
DF Engineering, Inc. has a long, successful history, and has earned a reputation for tackling challenging design projects and delivering creative, timely, cost-effective solutions to our clients. To ensure we do the job right the first time, every time, we take the following philosophy on projects.
- Define The Project: We work with our clients to clearly define their expectations, timeline, issues, and budgetary performance requirements to eliminate delays and unnecessary costs; to provide the specific results our client's are looking for.
- Communicate, Communicate, Communicate: We ensure there are well-defined lines of communication with all the project’s design professionals, and ensure the client always has a “go to” person for any and all questions, issues, or changes. We coordinate project meetings, progress reports, and foster proactive communication throughout the project. This includes coordinating design efforts with utility companies and other outside agencies, such as the Division of the State Architect (DSA) or the Office of Statewide Health Planning and Development (OSHPD).
- Thorough Project Research: We conduct In-depth research to prevent unknown issues from arising that could delay or complicate our client's project. These include topographic surveys, boundary, right-of-way, vertical control, finding record drawings, and consultation with utility companies.
- Determine Project Controls, Layout, & Design Options: We maintain a thorough attention to detail at every stage of the process to prevent “surprises” and ensure conformance to required standards. We identify any problems or challenges to prevent them from translating into costly issues down the line. We then present constructive design solutions that have been evaluated economically to enable our client to make an informed decision. We perform street layouts, grading designs, wastewater piping designs, storm drainage designs, water conveyance designs, and design calculations; utilizing the latest technology. We extensively evaluate each phase of design for economic analysis, sustainability, and conformance to required standards.
- Present Comprehensive Improvement Plans: We deliver clear, straight forward design solutions, laid out on complete and concise Improvement Plans to our client. We also provide written specifications, quantity takeoffs, and engineer's estimates as required by each of our client's specific projects.
- Job Completion / Follow Up: We ensure there are no “loose ends” that could impact or delay the project by proactively following each project to completion via acceptance by Public personnel and submission of Record Drawings.